Video Marketing Tips: Ranking Content and Social Media
3 minutes to read
In last week’s video marketing tips, we reviewed SEO best practices and how to maximize the effectiveness of video content on your website’s homepage. Now it’s time to learn how to organically rank your video in multiple places on the web and how to utilize social media to increase engagement for your video marketing content.
Tip 1: Increasing Visibility and Engagement for Your Video Content With a Blog Post
Create a blog post to coincide with your video content release.
If done correctly your video can rank organically via 1) YouTube, 2) your homepage, and 3) your blog post. In order to achieve maximum engagement your blog post should:
- Use the same title as your video content: This will help your blog post rank for the same targeted keywords as your video content.
- Embed your video at the top of the blog post: Video content placed at the top of a page drives more engagement and encourages higher play rates than videos posted further down a webpage.
- Paste a script or transcript of your video content beneath your video: Transcripts highlight keywords and phrases from your video content, allowing your blog post to rank higher for targeted key terms related to your practice.
Pro Tip: To save time, www.verbalink.com offers video transcription services that cost around $1.50 per minute of video.
- Use Schema Markup: Schema Markup provides Google with more details about your video content such as the length, thumbnail image, title, location on the web, and more to easily index your content and result in higher search rankings.
If done correctly this is what your Google ranking can look like for a single search request:
Tip 2: Incorporating Social Media Strategy
Share your video content via relevant social media channels in order to drive engagement with your firm. It is important to:
- Upload videos natively to Facebook: Instead of copy/pasting a YouTube link into a Facebook status update, upload your video content directly to Facebook. This allows your video to play automatically when displayed in the newsfeed, removing a step between you and your audience.
- Create targeted ads for Facebook video posts: Facebook offers extensive options to market your videos to specific audiences and will even automatically build similar audiences for future marketing efforts.
- Join and post in relevant groups and forums: Find out what people are talking about and sharing. Interact with users to create an avenue for discussion with your firm and drive engagement.
The best cases go to the best marketers. Discover the Crisp difference today.
If you’re ready to see what video can do for your practice, click here to schedule your free video marketing strategy call.