3 Key Tips for Making Videos that Convert
5 minutes to read
Creating compelling videos can sometimes be an arduous task. There are many factors that you have to consider to be able to get the maximum benefits out of your videos, especially if they are marketing videos. Having videos that convert, whether that’s marketing leads or potential customers, are important for your business.
Traditional marketing is slowly declining, so it is important for your business to stay relevant by incorporating new marketing trends, such as video marketing. Creating videos not only look great but also sound great and can create user engagement and capture your audience’s attention, which will get your brand noticed in the best possible way.
The following 3 tips are great ways for you to accomplish the task of creating videos that convert:
Invest in Production Value
First impressions are everything and this same philosophy also applies to videos. You don’t want to lose your brand’s appeal based on producing subpar quality videos. When you are creating a video, you have to put your best effort forward in order to see your projected successful results. In order to accomplish this, you will need to invest your resources in excellent video production value.
It can be very easy to get lost in the slew of what is expected of a brand video and make mistakes during the video production process. There are a couple of things to keep in mind when you are striving to create a brand video that has exceptional production value. In doing so, you will need to invest in premium videos. By investing in premium videos, you are sure to see the following happen to your brand:
- Raising viewer expectations – As more people migrate from television to web, by having premium videos, they are coming to expect higher quality videos.
- Brand reputation enhancement – The video that you produce is indicative to your brand so you would want to produce a video that is the best representation of that.
- More compelling content – Hiring a video production company will ensure that your brand videos focused, impactful and informative.
Create a Video Marketing Strategy
Having a video marketing plan is pivotal for any brand trying to make their presence known, especially online. Videos lead to action, which therefore result in higher sales. By producing more videos for your brand, you are heightening your brand’s awareness by tenfold. But in order to do this, you will have to create a video marketing strategy that works for the needs of your company’s marketing needs.
There is no one video marketing strategy template that fits every brand’s marketing needs. Similar to your brand’s general marketing strategy, you must consider how your plan will accomplish the needs of your brand’s video marketing. To implement a successful video marketing strategy, you will need to consider the following:
- Create a content calendar – Organization is important for scheduling your content. By having a schedule, you are more likely to stick to it and follow your marketing strategy more thoroughly.
- Maintain presence on social media – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, you name it. Incorporating and maintaining these social media sites will increase viewership.
- Have goals and keep them – It’s easy to get bogged down in the technical side of strategy planning, but you must make and keep goals in order to maintain your strategy’s success.
Implement a Call to Action
All videos should incorporate a call to action for audiences. You can produce an excellent video that is focused, informative and creative. But if there is no call to action, the video then fails to achieve its overarching goal; to create more business. By having a call to action, you are closing the deal, so to speak, and therefore you now want your audience to take the next step and contact you for business.
There are many ways in which you can implement a call to action to make your videos convert and how you go about that is at your discretion. The best CTA’s are usually at the end of the video and have a memorable visual to play up its emphasis. There are various ways to structure a CTA and you can do so with of the following:
- Ask a question – There really is no better way to end your video than by posing a thought-provoking question or asking them to “join in on the conversation” by following your brand’s social media accounts.
- Free consultation – Enticing your audience with a free consultation will boost interest and inquiry in your brand.
- Queued Video – By having another brand or FAQ video on deck, you already have prompted your audience to keep watching and get more information about your brand.
To recap, using videos is a great way to get your brand noticed. Although, creating brand videos is a process that needs dedicated thought and crafting, it can be done successfully. If you want to see your brand videos convert marketing leads or potential customers, incorporate the following 3 tips:
- Invest in Production Value
- Create a Video Marketing Strategy
- Implement a Call to Action
Do you agree with our points? Leave a comment and let us know!